Job Title: Development/Events Manager
Reports to: Development Director
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting the development and fundraising operations; and managing
the coordination of special events and annual festivals for the Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center. Demonstrate
an appreciation and understanding of GCAC’s mission and the ability to effectively communicate that mission
in all of its dimensions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities The Development/Events Manager is required to have excellent
written and verbal communication skills. They must have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and
concurrent projects and to carry out research (through interviews, dialogues, and in print, on-line) to identify
new grant opportunities and strengthen existing proposals. Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel,
and familiarity with database software (FileMaker) is required.
Required Education & Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience such as internship
experience is required for this position. Experience producing events and fluency in both English and Spanish
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage membership program and ongoing brick campaign.
• Maintain an organized database of members, donors, government/corporate/foundation sponsors.
• Maintain giving calendar of application deadlines and annual campaigns.
• Manage acknowledgement and recognition processes including tax-deductible receipts, donor
walls, printed materials, web, etc.
• Assist Development Director as needed with grants management including reporting.
• Research new giving prospects regularly.
• Keep accurate development files.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
• Work as an effective and proactive team player.
• Oversee all aspects of coordination of special events and annual festivals.
• Monitor event budgets and timelines.
• Organize and coordinate planning meetings for event.
• Work with program staff regularly to successfully achieve event goals.
• Manage catering/decorations/entertainment/equipment/production arrangements.
• On day of event provide onsite organization and oversight of all staff.