Apologies for the skimpy list this week. Holiday obligations coupled with a best friend’s wedding (photo evidence, above) hampered my basketball pulse-taking abilities.
Eight and counting -
The San Antonio Spurs remain atop the Western Conference with an NBA best record of 23-3. Winners of eight straight, the Spurs take on the new-look .500 Phoenix Suns tonight at the AT&T Center. On Saturday, the Suns acquired
Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus, and Marcin Gortat from the Orlando Magic in exchange for Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Richardson.
DeJuan Blair’s Twitter Affirmation of the Week - Guru.
Woe is KD - Sigh.
- Tonight - Home versus Phoenix Suns @7:30 PM (Fox Sports Southwest)
- Wednesday - Home versus Denver Nuggets @ 7:30 PM (Fox Sports Southwest)
- Thursday- Away versus Orlando Magic @ 7:00 PM (TNT)
- Sunday- Home versus Washington Wizards @ 6:00 PM (Fox Sports Southwest)
A quarter through the 2010-2011 NBA season and there have already been four 12-game winning streaks — San Antonio Spurs (12), Dallas Mavericks (12), Boston Celtics (13 and counting), and the Miami Heat (12 and counting).
Current 1-8 NBA Standings (As of Monday, December 20 at 12 PM)
Good listen - Here.
- 1 - Boston Celtics (22-4) San Antonio Spurs (23-3)
- 2- Miami Heat (21-8) Dallas Mavericks (21-5)
- 3- Chicago Bulls (16-9) Los Angeles Lakers (21-7)
- 4 -Orlando Magic (16-10) Oklahoma City Thunder (19-9)
- 5- Atlanta Hawks (17-12) Utah Jazz (19-9)
- 6- New York Knicks (16-12) Denver Nuggets (16-10)
- 7- Indiana Pacers (12-14) New Orleans Hornets (16-11)
- 8- Philadelphia 76ers (11-16) Trail Blazers (14-14) & Suns (13-13)