1. Church's Chicken (multiple locations)
2. Max's Wine Dive (340 E Basse)
3. Chatman's Chicken (1747 S WW White)
4. Hot Joy (1014 S Alamo)
OK, we know these are the wings, but they're TWICE fried so that counts, right? If not, try the hot fried chicken (not pictured).
5. Earl Abel's (1201 Austin Hwy)
6. Fat Bellies Food Truck
7. The Clean Plate (1022 N Main)
8. Tucker's Kozy Korner (1338 E Houston)
9. Mrs. Kitchen Soul Food Restaurant and Bakery (2242 E Commerce)
10. Taps y Tapas (1012 N Flores)
San Antonio Current works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of San Antonio and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep San Antonio's true free press free.