Chacho's Storage Unit Catches Fire — and It's Not the First Time

by

comment
GOOGLE MAPS
  • Google Maps
Emergency crews were called to a Chacho's restaurant Sunday night after its nearby storage unit caught fire.

According to multiple reports, the Leon Valley Fire Department responded to a call at the Chacho's on Poss Road around 10 p.m. Smoke was seen coming from the roof of a small building behind the eatery, one used as a storage unit.



No injuries were reported.

Authorities said the fire, which only took 10 minutes to put out, could have been caused by faulty wiring or a tossed cigarette. According to KENS 5, the same building ignited just a few months ago. Cigarettes were to blame that time.



KSAT reports damage is estimated at $25,000.

So many restaurants, so little time. Find out the latest San Antonio dining news with our Flavor Friday Newsletter.

San Antonio Current works for you, and your support is essential.

Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of San Antonio and beyond.

Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.

Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep San Antonio's true free press free.