- Courtesy Photo / Courtney Marie Andrews
- Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Courtney Marie Andrews is among the performers scheduled for the fourth season of the Lonesome Lounge Sessions.
The intimate music series will take place at St. Mary's Strip honky tonk Lonesome Rose and feature performers as diverse as legendary Louisiana fiddler Doug Kershaw and trailblazing harpist Mary Lattimore, who will be accompanied by SA-rooted percussionist claire rousay.
So far, the series has lined up four artists, and five more will be unveiled in coming weeks. The roster includes:
- Tuesday, September 7: Courtney Marie Andrews, Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter
- Monday, October 11: Doug Kershaw, Louisiana-based fiddler and singer-songwriter
- Wednesday, November 17: Mary Lattimore with claire rousay, avant-garde harpist
- Monday, December 13: J-Darius, neo-soul and R&B performer
"We've always lived in that world with the Lonesome Lounge Sessions, but this season we're pushing it even more," Capps said.
The performances, usually scheduled early in the week, allow up to 100 audience members to catch a set by a touring artist in an intimate setting, often accompanied with an interview. TPR also livestreams the shows via its website. The music gets underway at 8 p.m.
As with past sessions, furniture retailer Period Modern will outfit the club with mid-century ambiance for each gig. This installment will also feature a new sponsor in Blanco-based Real Ale Brewing Co., which will supply discounted craft brews.
As San Antonio grapples with rising COVID-19 cases, primarily among the unvaccinated, Capps said Lonesome Lounge organizers are weighing options such as taking the sessions outdoors or moving them back online.
"The world is insane, and we'll do the right thing when the time comes," he added.
Get our top picks for the best events in San Antonio every Thursday morning. Sign up for our Events Newsletter.