- Instagram / colton_valentine_
- San Antonio artist Colton Valentine pays tribute to the SA character known as "Hispanic Elvis" in a new mural.
And Texas taxpayers are probably going to be on the hook, according to the Current's most-read story of the week. The article draws on data from a nonpartisan study scrutinizing the expenses racked up by GOP-backed election probes in other states.
Readers also checked out news of a new mural depicting local Alamo City celeb "Hispanic Elvis," the city's rollout of Pfizer booster shots and yet another John Cornyn Twitter gaffe.
Need to catch up? Here's this week's top 10 stories.
10. Sierra Club says federal report shows Texas didn't fix root causes of February's power outages
9. Prog-metal act Tool will play San Antonio's AT&T Center in February; tickets on sale this week
8. New San Antonio Zoo train embarks on its inaugural ride Monday
7. Assclown Alert: The expanding list of municipalities that have tuned out Texas AG Ken Paxton
6. Bad Takes: Even as we celebrate Banned Books Week, Texans keep asking for school board censorship
5. Former Tosh.0 host Daniel Tosh comes to San Antonio Thursday as part of stand-up tour
4. San Antonio rolls out Pfizer boosters, begins offering $100 H-E-B gift cards as vaccine incentive
3. Twitter slams Sen. John Cornyn for cheering Norway's vaccination rate after he downplayed COVID-19
2. San Antonio's 'Hispanic Elvis' gets a mural tribute from street artist Colton Valentine
1. Texas taxpayers likely face a steep bill for 'election audit' Trump ordered from Gov. Greg Abbott
Stay on top of San Antonio news and views. Sign up for our Weekly Headlines Newsletter.