- Texas Capitol
Ready to get your vote on again, San Antonio? Polls are open until 7 p.m. today for the special election to replace longtime San Antonio legislators Mike Villarreal and Leticia Van de Putte—both of whom vacated their positions at the Texas Capitol to run for mayor of the Alamo City.
Peruse the Bexar County Elections Department resources to find out where your polling place, and don't forget to grab one of these accepted forms of photo identification when you head out.
Here's one more rundown of the list of candidates for each race:
House District 123, formerly held by Villarreal:
- Melissa Aguillon, Democrat: Local marketing and public relations professional
- Diego Bernal, Democrat: Civil rights attorney, former District 1 City Council member
- Roger V. Gary, Libertarian: Sales and marketing professional, former chairman of the Libertarian Party of Texas
- Paul Ingmundson, Green Party: psychologist, sleep therapist, adjunct professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Walter Martinez, Democrat: former state legislator, former City Council member, local businessman
- Nunzio Previtera, Republican: Insurance agent
- Trey Martinez Fischer, Democrat: State representative, attorney
- Alma Perez Jackson, Republican: Retired
- Jose Menendez, Democrat: State representative, vice president at real estate agency
- Joan Pedrotti, Republican:
- Al Suarez, Democrat: Mayor of Converse, Texas