- Photo Courtesy of Bob Catlin
- Art Villarreal (left), shown here in a 1982 performance with S.A. Slayer, is one of the members performing in the South Texas Legion supergroup.
The Sunday, April 8, show will assemble performers from South Texas' S.A. Slayer, Watchtower, Juggernaut and Militia, among others, to shred through the songs that made up their setlists. It's all ages and runs 5-10 p.m. in the gallery's outdoor space. Admission is $10 (or half price for those who say the secret code "Happy birthday, April.")
Those still suffering tinnitus from that 1980 UFO-Triumph show at Convention Center Arena will likely recognize the performers in the supergroup dubbed the South Texas Legion:
- Chip Alexander, drummer for Karion and Militia
- Bob Catlin, guitarist for S.A. Slayer and Juggernaut
- Bobby Jarzombek, drummer for Fate's Warning and Juggernaut
- Jason McMaster, vocalist for Watchtower and Dangerous Toys
- James Rivera, vocalist for Helstar
- Mike Soliz, vocalist for Militia
- Art Villarreal, guitarist for S.A. Slayer and Karion
- Scott Womack, bassist for Juggernaut
$5-$10, Sunday, April 8, 5pm, TexPop, 1017 E. Mulberry, (210) 858-8935, facebook.com/TexPopSA.