- Art direction by Carlos Aguilar
College students, we’ve missed you.
Sure, you make it a little harder to find a table at our favorite coffee shop. And sometimes you get a little out of hand at Paper Tiger and the other venues we frequent for live music. But having you around – in the neighborhoods around UTSA, Trinity, St. Mary’s, OLLU, Texas A&M and the campuses of Alamo Colleges – reminds us that the population of our 300-year-old San Antonio skews young, and that our prospects are pretty good.
So, as you settle into your new dorm room or apartment, fret about money for textbooks and beer, and search for your classrooms, the Current wants to lend a hand. In this special issue, we’re offering some practical advice on how to survive and thrive on your campus.
Our 2018 College Guide tells you:
• where to go for cheap dates
• how to liven up your campus dining
• how to keep the peace with your roommates
• how to not go crazy with stress
• where to go for a soothing wilderness fix
• how to save money the smart way
• where LBGTQ-plus students can go for support
• how to avoid senioritis
• the hottest off-campus spots to study at
This is the real stuff, not the imaginings of staff writers who haven’t set foot on a campus as students in eons. We turned to your peers – present and former Current interns and college students who earn a little extra as freelancers – to bring you this bounty of wisdom.
So take our advice, and have a great school year.
Stay on top of San Antonio news and views. Sign up for our Weekly Headlines Newsletter.