- Free critique. Even if I don't select your work, I will email you back with comments and suggestions.
- Add to your resume. If I do pick your work, you'll be a published writer. Use it to plump up your writing resume for whatever you need a writing resume.
- Win a trophy (or sorts). If I've posted your work on the blog then you'll be in the running for the Best of Flash Fiction, which appears in the last SA Current of the month. Yes, you could also see your name in print! It's true, there are still things being printed and your name and story could be one of them.
- Cultural validation. You've submitted your work and received a response. You're a writer. Plus if you're published you'll be in excellent company (for example, check out these stories: Progression by Nicole Cohen and Tiger Shark on the Guadalupe by Clint Robertson).
- Most importantly: you wrote something. There are many pleasures in life, but the best of all is the act of creating. The SA Current Flash Fiction blog is the perfect stimulus, the ideal catalyst. Whether you make it onto the blog or not, you know you've done it.
- Prose of around 500 words (shorter is lovely; I'll post longer pieces on the blog but anything over 800 words will not be in the running for the Best of).
- Email me with an attachment and with the text placed in the body of the email.