Think you've got something important to say? Applications for speakers to present at the 4th TEDxSanAntonio are being accepted through July 1. The event is Saturday, October 12, 2013 at Rackspace Global Headquarters, San Antonio. Application is free at TEDxSanAntonio.com/speak
TED, a nonprofit focusing on technology, entertainment, and design, began as a conference in California 26 years ago and has gone on to become an international movement devoted to "ideas worth spreading." At TED conferences, world-recognized experts deliver their ideas in an 18-minute presentation.
TEDx events, like TEDxSanAntonio, are independently organized events modeled on the TED conferences. The TEDx initiative grants free licenses to people around the world to organize TED-style events in their communities with TED Talks and live speakers. More than 5,000 TEDx events have been held, and selected talks from these events are also turned into TED Talks videos.
Previous TEDxSanAntonio speakers include:
· Eythor Bender, Advancements with Bionic Prosthetics
· Anna Dragsbaek, Vaccine-preventable Diseases
· Holly Hirshberg, later named a CNN Hero, for starting The Dinner Garden to provide free packs of seeds to people so they can grow enough food to feed a family of four.
· Steve Baskin, Unplugging Our Kids
· Linda Perez, Life is Short. Live it Well.
· Leticia Ozuna, San Antonio Area’s Broadband Network: Creating Equal Access to the Global Economy
· Darryl Byrd, SA2020: Dressing San Antonio for Our Next Big Date with Greatness