2. VIDEO: San Antonio 311 Mobile App Now Available "The City of San Antonio's newest mobile app, San Antonio 311, is now available. Residents can request City services from anywhere and right from the palms of their hands. The free app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices, including smart phones and tablets, is available for download at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store for Android devices." (COSA Gov.)
3. Why Is Everyone on the Internet So Angry? "With a presidential campaign, health care and the gun control debate in the news these days, one can't help getting sucked into the flame wars that are Internet comment threads. But psychologists say this addictive form of vitriolic back and forth should be avoided — or simply censored by online media outlets — because it actually damages society and mental health." (Scientific American)
4. 15 Halloween Party Appetizers "These easy Halloween party appetizers and drink recipes will be the haunting hit of your party." (Southern Living)
5. Andrea Sloan Wins Big Victory In Quest For Cancer Drug "Sloan, an Austin, Texas, attorney who heads the Texas Advocacy Project, a group that provides free legal work and advocacy for victims of domestic violence, is seven years into a nasty battle with ovarian cancer" (Huffington Post)
6. Senator Wendy Davis' Voting Records (Project Vote Smart)
8. Taste test: 11 fried foods from State Fair of Texas — a love and hate list "With the determination to try "anything fried," eight Pegasus News and GuideLive staffers headed to the State Fair to say howdy to Tex 2.0 and stuff our faces with battered 'n' fried food. We planned to taste test all eight fried food finalists from the Big Tex Choice Awards this year, but we did you one three more: We also tried the fried red velvet cupcake, the fried red velvet funnel cake and fried peanut butter and jelly with banana sandwich. Just for fun." (Pegasus News)
9. Rememberthe13th.com "NASA has made a historic discovery that will shake the entire planet. This announcement will be released to the media on November 13th, 2013. It will be a day to remember and One for the history books. Spread the word to your family & friends and sign up to stay updated!" [Ed. Note: Announcement will now be on Oct. 6.] (NASA)
10. BREAKING BAD SPOILER ALERT: Highlight to read -> Walter White Got an Obituary in the Actual Albuquerque Journal <- "Breaking Bad fans residing in Albuquerque, New Mexico bought a charming little obit mention for the late fictional character." (Animal New York)
Support Local Journalism.
Join the San Antonio Current Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the San Antonio Press Club for as little as $5 a month.