1. Oreo Cookies Are as Addictive as Cocaine "Researchers at Connecticut College have found evidence that proves that Oreo cookies—at least for lab rats—are as addictive as cocaine." (Gawker)
2. Bound & Flogged: Meet the authors who've mastered the unlikely art of the video book promo "If you’re wondering, "Book trailer? Isn’t that kind of counterintuitive?", the answer is: "Generally, yes. Very." (Dazed and Confused)
3. Watch Adorable Kids Sing 'Dayman' From 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' "A video of Japanese kindergartners elevates the musical genre of "cute kids singing unexpected songs" with their adorable rendition of "Dayman" from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." (Mashable)
4. Nirvana, Kiss, Hall and Oates Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame "The nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Class of 2014 are in, and the list includes Nirvana, Kiss, the Replacements and Hall and Oates." (Rolling Stone)
5. 'Breaking Bad's' Vince Gilligan Reveals Details of 'Saul' Spinoff and Terror Over What's Next "The anxiety-ridden showrunner on what he's mulling (a Western film), saying no to dozens of film pitches and how Jeffrey Katzenberg courted him, even as he admits "the odds of winning the lottery [twice] are pretty infinitesimal." (Hollywood Reporter)
6. Eugene Kotlyarenko on ‘Skydiver’, His Movie Shot Entirely Over Webcam "It’s very of-the-moment to make a movie that unfolds entirely over the internet, but LA-based filmmaker Eugene Kotlyarenko has stretched that device to its extreme. (Bullett)
8. 16 Fun Facts About Grumpy Cat "Last night, the grouchiest Internet-famous feline came to New York City to attend The Friskies—an awards show that crowns the best cat videos of the year—and to pick up a Lifetime Achievement Award, even though she hasn't even hit 2 yet." (mental floss)
9. 10 Coffee Tips and Tricks to Perfect Your Cup o' Joe "Whether you're a newbie to the world of coffee or an espresso-drinking pro, these 10 tips and tricks will help take your caffeine habit to the next level." (Mashable)
10. Hungry Planet: What The World Eats "What's on family dinner tables around the globe? Photographs by Peter Menzel from the book "Hungry Planet" (TIME)
Support Local Journalism.
Join the San Antonio Current Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the San Antonio Press Club for as little as $5 a month.