2. Anchor Does Entire Sportscast as Ron Burgundy "KIVI Channel 6 Sports Director Paul Gerke killed it as Ron Burgundy, never breaking character. Stay classy." (Newscastic)
3. Texas Man Arrested and Jailed for Overdue Library Book "While most libraries around the country are doing their best to remain relevant, one Texas town has decided to speed up its library's demise by threatening to arrest residents who don't return books on time." (Gawker)
4. 21 Best GIFs of All Time of the Week "Just throw your hands in the air / And wave 'em like you just don't care / And if you're ready to see some really great GIFs / Just scroll down or whatever." (Funny or Die)
5. There Are Only Three Kinds of Jobs Where Women Earn More Than Men "As a general rule, American men earn more than American women. This holds true across industries, across education levels, and across states. But, there's at least one big exception: part-time employees." (The Atlantic)
6. San Antonio B-cycle cutting rental rates in half for Dia de los Muertos "B-cycle, San Antonio’s bike-share program, is offering a special promotion for Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) that will give local residents the ability to rent a bike and ride around for the various festivities for half price." (SABJ)
7. Wurstfest is Here! Get to Snackin'.
8. Savages release new video for ‘Marshal Dear’ "Savages are a band that understand the purpose of their aesthetic, and with that, they are masters of their own message. Everything they do, whether it’s a simple blog post to their fans or writing a manifesto, seems to be planned with the artistic drive of a painter sketching the outline of a masterpiece." (Death and Taxes)
9. Noam Chomsky: How the U.S.-Mexico Border Is Cruel by Design "In order to understand it, you should read the progressive writers like Walt Whitman, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and others. The position was, as Whitman put it eloquently, that “backward Mexico had to be annexed as part of bringing civilization to the world”—which the US was seen as leading. Emerson said it in more flowery language along the lines of, “it really doesn’t matter by what means Mexico is taken, as it contributes to the mission of ‘civilizing the world’ and, in the long run, it will be forgotten”.  Of course, that’s why we have names like San Francisco, San Diego, and Santa Fe all over the southwest and the west of the United States. We should really call it Occupied Mexico." (Alternet)
10. 12 Jobs People Decided to Give to Cats "Think canines are the only four-legged creatures that can hold down jobs? Think again." (mental_floss)
San Antonio Current works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of San Antonio and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep San Antonio's true free press free.