2. Texas Board of Education postpones approving biology textbooks, because evolution "The Texas Board of Education is once again having a hard time approving it’s biology textbooks. A meeting was held late Thursday night to give preliminary approval to science textbooks. However, approval of a major new biology textbook was postponed because some idiots who are mad about evolution and climate change want to have the book checked by “outside experts.”' (death + taxes)
3. What's Behind 'Grain Brain': Are Gluten and Carbs Wrecking Our Brains and Our Health? "Two months after publication, "Grain Brain" is already a bestseller, and many people are wondering if they should take drastic dietary action." (Alternet)
4. The Umbrella Man - JFK Assassination Documentary "Op-Docs: In 2011, on the anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, Errol Morris explored the story behind the one man seen standing under an open black umbrella at the site." (NYT)
5. WATCH: Girls' Season 3 Trailer "Is it Lena Dunham Week? Because, we're pretty sure she's been the center of attention for the last several days. And, rightfully so. Following her epic reading with David Sedaris on Tuesday, Dunham has just released a preview for season three of Girls — on Instagram. Now, the full version of the trailer is also available." (Refinery29)
6. RECIPE: No Bake Pumpkin Crème Brulee "As Thanksgiving draws closer, think about making these guys! NO BAKE! WHOA! We know you’re short on oven space, so these just make such perfect sense." (Spoon Fork Bacon)
7. 6 Questions With Ai Weiwei On How to Make Art With a Repressive Government Watching Your Every Move "FFew living artists are as famous as Ai Weiwei. Ai has used his growing international celebrity to cast light on the dark realities of China’s government, and in the process has become one of the most vocal opponents of the regime’s infringement of free speech. A new documentary, The Fake Case, follows the last two years in Ai’s tumultuous journey." (PolicyMic)
8. Study: Marry Someone As Drunk As You "Getting wasted all the time will only wreck your marriage if your spouse doesn’t get drunk with you, a new and romantic study finds." (New York)
9. How Neuroscience Explains Random Acts of Kindness "Our brains are constantly, subtly being primed in fascinating ways by our physical surroundings." (Atlantic)
10. Internet's Creator: Spying 'Threatens' Democracy "Tim Berners-Lee calls for 'bold steps' to secure the future of freedom on the Internet." (Progressive)
San Antonio Current works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of San Antonio and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep San Antonio's true free press free.