2. VIDEO: TAYLOR SWIFT, PRINCE WILLIAM & BON JOVI SINGING "LIVIN' ON A PRAYER" TOGETHER IS TOTALLY ADORKABLE "So, Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, and Prince William walk into a bar. What exactly happens next? Nothing with a hilarious punchline, but it does make for pretty much the best video I’ve seen on the Internet today (which is saying a lot because the Internet is full of adorable cat memes and videos of corgis on slides)." (Bustle)
3. UK's Twerking Championships "But tonight, girls were dolled up to the nines in that post-Rihanna, punk-meets-dancehall-meets-Fantazia-rave look. Belly tops, high-waisted black leggings, studs, spikey hats, and T-shirts adorned with slogans were the order of the day. If I were a fashion writer I'd probably say I felt like I was trapped in some nuts IRL Mad Max deathfight sequence with loads of Andre 3000-worshipping ghetto gents and their cyborg dominatrixes. But I'm not, so I'll just say it looked a lot like tumblr." (VICE)
4. The Mystery Of Chessboxing "True to its name, this combines the cerebral, contemplative machinations of a centuries-old board game with the timeless spectacle of two dudes beating each other silly." (Buzzfeed Longreads)
5. The Inside Story of How the NFL's Plan for Its 1st Openly Gay Player Fell Apart "The team had decided yes. The player had decided the same. It was set. It was going to happen. An NFL player was going to publicly say he was gay and then play in the NFL. What happened before that moment showed how parts of the NFL are progressive and ready for change. Then, what happened next showed how the sport is still in some ways fearful of it." (Bleacher Report)
6. VIDEO: Corgi Twerks to "Bubble Butt" You're Welcome. (Youtube User Derek Anderson)
7. I Can Haz Spanish Lessons: Cat Pictures Now Have A Purpose "It's no secret cats rule the Internet. Now, just flipping through cat pictures can be an educational experience. A new iOS app called Cat Spanish teaches 1,000 basic phrases by showing you flash cards of cute cats." (NPR)
8. You Can Watch the Pilot for Dan Harmon's New Adult Swim Show Online Now "Here's the first episode of Community creator Dan Harmon's new show, Rick and Morty, which Adult Swim uploaded online this week ahead of its December 2nd premiere. Co-created by Harmon and Channel 101 regular Justin Roiland, Rick and Morty is a Back to the Future-esque animated sci-fi comedy featuring the voices of Chris Parnell, Sarah Chalke, Spencer Grammer, and Roiland as both lead characters." (Splitsider)
9. Beyonce Banned from the Pyramids by Angry Archaeologist "Beyonce has been banned from the pyramids for being RUDE. Are you even allowed to do that? " (Jezebel)
10. 4 'Magic' Phrases to Use if Cops Stop You with Pot "These are words that limit what the police can do and will help your lawyer prove the police acted illegally." (Alternet)
Support Local Journalism.
Join the San Antonio Current Press Club
Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.
Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.
Join the San Antonio Press Club for as little as $5 a month.