As you celebrate the holidays this week with family and friends, don't forget that we aren't done with elections, San Antonio.
Early voting to replace longtime San Antonio legislators at the Capitol begins Monday, December 29, with election falling on Tuesday, January 6, 2015.
Candidates interested in replacing State Sen. Leticia Van de Putte and State Rep. Mike Villarreal, both of whom vacated their positions to run for mayor of the Alamo City, had until yesterday to file with the Secretary of State.
Here are the final lists of candidates, according to the SOS:
House District 123, formerly held by Villarreal:
- Melissa Aguillon, Democrat: Local marketing and public relations professional
- Diego Bernal, Democrat: Civil rights attorney, former District 1 City Council member
- Roger V. Gary, Libertarian: Sales and marketing professional, former chairman of the Libertarian Party of Texas
- Paul Ingmundson, Green Party: psychologist, sleep therapist, adjunct professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Walter Martinez, Democrat: former state legislator, former City Council member, local businessman
- Nunzio Previtera, Republican: Insurance agent
Senate District 26, previously held by Van de Putte:
Early voting for both elections lasts from Monday, December 29 to Friday, January 2, though polling locations will be closed on New Years Day. Click here for a list
of early polling locations and hours. And don't forget to bring one of the forms of identification
accepted under Texas' voter ID law.