Hillary Clinton addresses the crowd assembled at Sunset Station on Thursday, October 15.
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton breezed through San Antonio last week to kick off the Latino outreach arm of her campaign, and she didn't leave empty-handed.
Today Clinton’s campaign sent out a list of 90 Texas Democrats, called the Texas Leadership Council, who will back Clinton. Members of the council will organize and recruit volunteers on behalf of Clinton, and the list will certainly grow as the race goes on.
Several members of the list have San Antonio ties, including:
· U.S. Representative Joaquín Castro
· U.S. Representative Henry Cuellar
· State Senator Carlos Uresti
· State Representative Diego Bernal
· State Representative Ina Minjarez
· State Representative Justin Rodriguez
· Bexar County Tax Assessor-Collector Albert Uresti
· Bexar County Precinct 1 Constable Ruben Tejeda
· San Antonio City Council Member Rey Saldaña
· San Antonio City Council Member Rebecca J. Viagran
· San Antonio City Council Member Alan Warrick II
· Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Henry Cisneros
· Former State Senator Leticia Van de Putte
Mayor Ivy Taylor and Bexar County Commissioner Tommy Calvert were both initially listed, but both told The Texas Tribune
that their inclusion was a mistake.