The San Antonio Zoo wants residents to help it sniff out three alleged trespassers who snuck into Kiddie Park earlier this week. But local Twitter users aren't necessarily on board.
On Tuesday, Zoo President and CEO Tim Morrow tweeted surveillance images of youths he said broke into the iconic amusement park located on the zoo's grounds.
"The three young men below broke into Kiddie Park last night. We would love to know who they are. Do your thing San Antonio," his tweet reads.
The three young men below broke into Kiddie Park last night. We would love to know who they are. Do your thing San Antonio. pic.twitter.com/vq9yFgxuzG— Tim Morrow 🐾 (@MananaZoo) June 23, 2020
Yeah cuh you talking bout 50% of the guys that go Ingram park mall, cause the edgars all look the same— JULIAN (@Julian_XOTWOD) June 24, 2020
However, some respondents weren't on board with Morrow's call out to social media sleuths, particularly given the current political climate.
"I’m all for holding folks accountable, but this is the *President* of the San Antonio Zoo tweeting out the photos of *kids* who, according to press reports, didn’t cause any damage or vandalism," said @MatthewReynaTx.
"Did anything happen? Theft? Damage? If not, why bother? I'm really asking," @Plastic_Bagg tweeted.
In response, Morrow stated: "They broke in. Our security confronted them and they ran. We don’t know their intentions but have to protect our assets as a non profit and the animals and staff on our property 24/7."
They broke in. Our security confronted them and they ran. We don’t know their intentions but have to protect our assets as a non profit and the animals and staff on our property 24/7.— Tim Morrow 🐾 (@MananaZoo) June 23, 2020
No one on Twitter has yet identified the three youths. At press time, the San Antonio Zoo hasn't responded to a request to discuss the case.
Stay on top of San Antonio news and views. Sign up for our Weekly Headlines Newsletter.
San Antonio Current works for you, and your support is essential.
Our small but mighty local team works tirelessly to bring you high-quality, uncensored news and cultural coverage of San Antonio and beyond.
Unlike many newspapers, ours is free – and we'd like to keep it that way, because we believe, now more than ever, everyone deserves access to accurate, independent coverage of their community.
Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing pledge, your support helps keep San Antonio's true free press free.