The San Antonio Current is seeking hard-working, ambitious Account Executives to join our passionate and growing team. Account Executives will work with local businesses and events of all types, creating needs-based digital, print and sponsorship marketing solutions. Develop your career while selling, servicing and growing accounts. Continually prospect for new clients and provide a superior customer experience while driving revenue and growing your salary.
• Drive advertising sales revenue to hit digital, print and sponsorship budgets
• Set a high volume of new business meetings daily with prospective, current and past clients
• Activate new advertising accounts and continually identify sales opportunities
• Manage a robust sales pipeline through prospecting, pre-call planning, needs analysis, presentations and closings
• Create customized marketing proposals and media campaigns
• Understand that every business in the San Antonio market is a prospect
• Aggressively pursue and close new business
• Perform with a high level of activity to successfully meet internal performance metrics
• Provide superior customer service and reporting to clients in order to retain and grow business
• Maintain a thorough and current knowledge of the San Antonio media solutions portfolio, including ever-growing digital marketing solutions and resources
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of past and current account histories and statuses
• Fulfill functions and duties of the position in a professional and timely manner
• Demonstrate solid professional relationships with business owners, marketing directors, networking groups, and the community.
• Exercise excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Maintain and grow working knowledge of digital media products such as SEO, Paid Media, Digital Display Advertising, Social Media, Programmatic Advertising, E-mail Marketing, Web Design, Content Production and more.
• Work successfully both independently and in a team
• Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Possess exceptional verbal communication skills
• Have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
• Maintain a curiosity and passion for local business and San Antonio culture
• Possess a strong work ethic with the ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities
Benefits and Culture
The San Antonio Current offers full time employees two weeks of paid time off per year, sick days, health and dental benefits, 401k retirement plan, breakfast tacos, and a unique downtown San Antonio location!
The San Antonio Current is San Antonio’s source of events, news, arts and culture since 1986. We provide locally targeted advertising solutions to help businesses reach the highly-desirable, socially and culturally-engaged consumers.
Euclid Media Group is the San Antonio Current’s parent company, with media properties in six markets including San Antonio, Texas; Orlando, Florida; Cleveland, Ohio; Cincinnati, Ohio; St. Louis, Missouri; and Detroit, Michigan. Collectively, EMG reaches 3+ million monthly website visitors, 1+ million social media followers. We produce more than 40 cultural event and festivals annually.
San Antonio Current is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NEXT STEPS:
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marketing Intern will work with the Marketing + Event Department to develop and implement unique marketing campaigns, events, and overall promotion of the San Antonio Current and its clients. This internship is designed to provide exposure to the advertising and event marketing professions with a focus on on-site activations.
• Proficiency with social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and additional expertise welcomed
• Outgoing and comfortable with crowds/speaking to others about the San Antonio Current
• Must love engaging with the San Antonio community
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must provide own smartphone
• Available to attend and assist with events on weekends and evenings from time-to-time
Those who are interested should email their resume and a brief letter of intent to email@example.com.
The San Antonio Current is looking for an editorial intern to join our editorial team to assist with blogging, digital content and social media. As an intern at Current there's no getting coffee, filing or making copies.
Our interns spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, writing and most impertinently, pitching content ideas. You will be expected to churn out relevant, witty, breaking San Antonio news and commentary on a regular basis, as well as pitch and produce web content. This position is oriented toward local news and arts coverage, with the opportunity to develop a specialty if desired.
When it comes to qualifications, a journalism background and experience writing for a news site always helps, as do copy-editing and multimedia skills.Students must have a strong grasp on pitching ideas regularly as interns are expected to contribute their own thoughts and ideas.
Submit a brief introduction, a resume, and two published clips to Greg Jefferson with the subject Editorial Intern. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Applicants who are enrolled in school and are able to receive academic credit are preferred. This is an unpaid internship; however, we offer flexible schedules. Interns may start immediately.
San Antonio Current is looking for motivated and creative graphic design interns to join our production team. This is the perfect place for new designers to learn, develop their portfolio, network with industry professionals, and develop new skills that they will carry with them throughout their career. Passionate voices are welcomed and essential here. You must demonstrate strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills. We accept applications year-round, but our positions fill quickly. This is an unpaid internship.
Proficiency in Adobe software, especially Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator
Excellent writing & verbal communication skills
Great work ethic and time management skills
To apply, please send a resume, and portfolio pieces to firstname.lastname@example.org